[OM] Re: Micro 4/3 rangefinder?

Subject: [OM] Re: Micro 4/3 rangefinder?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:36:36 +1000
Not ordinary please. One of the nice things about both the Epson and
The Leica was their simplicity. Back to basics. For instance -
exposure compensation on the M8? Check the auto reading and then
select a different non-auto shutter speed or aperture. There may have
been a cuter way but that worked really well. The Auto setting worked
well as a meter.
Both of them felt like proper cameras - four variables - S, A, WB and
ISO. No scene modes, teeth finder or owt. No 'would you prefer 1/3rd
or 1/2 stop increments?' That's all a bit ordinary.
Just add AF. Leave the RF patch and allow MF tweaking plus focus lock
- that'd be more historically sound I suppose.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx