[OM] Re: e330 question

Subject: [OM] Re: e330 question
From: "montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx" <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:17:12 +1000
Wayne Harridge wrote:
> Yes, good point, the file system on the hard drive and the file
 > ... system on your memory card should be very similar and have
 > similar relability.

A question: why would the EOS 10D in-camera formatting of a card (1GB
CF) take a second, but the Oly 770SW in-camera formatting of a card (2GB
xD) take...well, possible a couple of minutes (I don't know precisely -
I just start it and let it do its thing while I do something else).
Would this be analogous to the difference between a format and a "quick
format" of a hard disk?

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz