[OM] Re: WTB: OM-4T body

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB: OM-4T body
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 22:49:14 -0700
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Chris Crawford wrote:
>> ... it is for
>> my girlfriend who really wants the champaigne color.
> Two things to remember.
>
> - The Champagne OM4-T(i)s are also the oldest ones.

Of the four I have, the Champagne has the highest serial number. I
realize that might not mean anything, but it is a data point to the
contrary.

> - The color is a paint that doesn't adhere to the titanium as well as
> the black paint on an OM-4. The black on OM-4Ti also isn't as robust
> as
> the old paint on brass, but better than the champagne, which chips and
> flakes too easily.

My champagne has had the most use and looks the best of the four I
have. In my opinion, the champagne finish holds up better than the
black.

:::: I dread success. To have succeeded is to have finished one's
business on earth, like the male spider, who is killed by the female
the moment he has succeeded in his courtship. I like a state of
continual becoming, with a goal in front and not behind. -- George
Bernard Shaw ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::