[OM] Re: Custom OM-4T body

Subject: [OM] Re: Custom OM-4T body
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 15:14:41 +0100
It has been done, John, as you might have guessed by my posting the
availability of a set of used top, bottom, front, but that was replacement
with the stock black finish.  Having "been inside" I can tell you that it's
not just the stripping of the finish that you need to do (you want a
ready-stripped 4T top plate? Guess who has one of those, too) because there
are several components which are fixed onto the inside of the top and bottom
plates.  Some are screwed on.  Many are fixed with epoxy resin and can -
eventually - be persuaded to part company.  But there is one part which is a
blackened brass insertion, pressed in probably when the top plate is being
formed. If memory serves it's the base of the wind-on lever.  You'll never
shift it - I suspect the "impurity" might presnt a challenge to successful
anodising of the titanium.

But it's a nice idea :-)

--
Piers