[OM] Re: Scott Kelby Photoshop Photowalks

Subject: [OM] Re: Scott Kelby Photoshop Photowalks
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 07:58:42 -0400
Thanks for the Moosterization.  Always instructive.  I like most of them
but not all.  Some are a bit too much saturation/contrast for my taste
but you've effectively corrected my own such problem on the B&W.  One of
the problems here was a very limited amount of time to get the images
posted (not to mention lack of skills)  :-)

As to the distortion with the Tamron 24-135 you may be correct about a
decentered element but the image may also be adversely affected by
trying to apply a correction profile from another lens.  Some of the
distortion is so strong that I did apply a couple other profiles in some
cases but I can't recall what was what now.  But I don't think I did
anything with 914, 915 and 920 which you specifically mention.

We'll see what happens when I get back from my trip and have time to get
a PTLens profile built for the lens.

Chuck Norcutt