[OM] Re: Digital camera hacks - washington post

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital camera hacks - washington post
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 21:13:56 -0700
I've posted here before about CHDK. It's an absolutely first class
addition to any camera for which it is available. I've used ti for over
a year now on an A710, then an A650, with never a malfunction and much
added functionality.

Calling it a hack seems to me inaccurate. The original 300D firmware
hack was just that, it replaced the Canon firmware (Still works fine, b
the way.)

CHDK seems to me more like an application that runs under the "OS" of
the camera firmware, unlocking and adding functinos to the camera. Like
apps for other OSs, it needs to be loaded each time it is to be used.

Moose