[OM] Re: Not a single comment?

Subject: [OM] Re: Not a single comment?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 07:23:28 -0400
Thanks for your comments.  I liked 6956 because of the contrast in color
ans shape between the pavement and the yellow stripes on the steps.

It wasn't hard to exclude the other photographers.  Unlike larger cities
where it might have been hard to get in on the walk because of numbers,
there were only 15 of us in Binghamton.  The walk was about 2 miles long
and it didn't take long for us to get strung out.  Some also deviated
from the suggested path and some simply disappeared and didn't return.
While there were some shots where I waited for people to clear, for the
most part, if the scene is empty or nearly devoid of people it's because
the scene is empty or nearly devoid of people.  The city has been in
decline for many years.

My formal photographic training (such as it is) is in portraiture and
events such as weddings and bar-mitzvahs and, to a much lesser degree,
architecture and small art works such as jewelry and pottery.  It is
somewhat unnatural for me to take photos of people that aren't posed
unless they be very large groups.  The shot of the people in the bar is
only there because I expected those people to also view the photos.

Chuck Norcutt