[OM] Re: ViewScan scanning software and E cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: ViewScan scanning software and E cameras
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:47:07 -0700
John Hudson wrote:
> See here:
>
> http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/vuescan.htm#rawfiles
>
> click on "Supported Digital Camera Raw Files"
>
> and check the various Olympus E cameras whose RAW files are supported.
>
> The E510 and E3 models are missing from the list.
>
> Are these two models missing from the list because the list is outdated or
> is the list up to date and the E510 and E3 missed the ViewScan boat ??

You can answer one of those questions easily enough. Try opening the
files with VueScan. If it doesn't open them, they aren't supported yet.

I'm sure VueScan uses the decoding code from dcraw to open RAW images.
Dcraw supports all current Oly DSLRs. Drop Ed a line and ask your
question. I'd guess that he will either update his documentation or
update Vuescan using the latest dcraw code. EdHamrick@xxxxxxx

Moose