[OM] Re: you brits are pathetic

Subject: [OM] Re: you brits are pathetic
From: "Gee Bee" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 08:33:01 +0100
Went to DPR and there is a story on a survey of Britons that revealed that
over a quarter of you don't know how to operate your digital cameras, and
don;t know how to use the manual. OK, I have some troubles there, too, but
listen to what was in the rest of the top ten.

You also have problems with your washing machines (#4),  your TV remote
control (#8) and your microwave ovens (#10)!

I sure feel better about myself!

Bill Pearce

Some of us cope with the problems listed and have moved on to more cerebrally
challenging stuff. Leap years for instance. Every
fourth year we get an extra day in February, so far so good.

It  takes about 365.24219 days for the Earth to go around the sun once

After the first year, our calendar is off by 0.24219 days

After the second year, the calendar is off by 0.48438 days

After the third year it is off by 0.72657 days

Finally, by the time the fourth year rolls around, the calendar is off by
0.96876 days

So an extra day is added to February to compensate for the 0.968760 day error
that has accumulated in the calendar during those
four years

Perfectly logical but why can't we have the extra day in June when the weather
is better ?

--Graham :-)