[OM] A new type of scam [OT]

Subject: [OM] A new type of scam [OT]
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 21:33:26 +0100
Hello Everyone,

I'm sure I don't have to tell everyone here that this is a SCAM, quite
obviously from the language.  I did a check on Snopes just to be sure,
however.

This morning I received the following email.  It is a particularly nasty
twist on the usual spam offers of "enhancement products", etc..
I sincerely hope no-one less email-savvy than most of us here gets one
of these.  It is terrorism, pure and simple, and utterly disgusting.

Be careful out there,

Jon

***************** original email (complete with grammatical errors)
**********************

SOMEONE YOU CALL YOUR FRIEND, WANTS YOU DEAD.

I felt very sorry and bad for you, that your life is going to end like
this, I was paid to eliminate you and I have to do it within 10 days.

Someone you call your friend wants you dead by all means, and the person
have spent a lot of money on this, the person came to us and told us
that he wants you dead and he provided us your names, photograph and
other necessary information we needed about you.

Meanwhile, I have sent my boys to track you down and they have carried
out the necessary investigation needed for the operation, but I ordered
them to stop for a while and not to strike immediately because I just
felt something good and sympathetic about you. I decided to contact you
first and know why somebody will want you dead. Right now my men are
monitoring you, their eyes are on you, and even the place you think is
safer for you to hide might not be.

Now do you want to LIVE OR DIE? It is up to you. Get back to me now if
you are ready to enter deal with me, I mean life trade, who knows, and I
might just spear your life, $8,000 is all you need to spend. You will
first of all pay $900 then I will send the tape of the person that want
you dead to you and when the tape gets to you, you will pay the
remaining $7100. If you are not ready for my help, then I will have no
choice but to carry on the assignment after all I have already being
paid.

Warning: do not think of contacting the police or even tell anyone
because I will extend it to any member of your family since you are
aware that somebody want you dead, and the person knows some members of
your family as well.

For your own good I will advise you not to go out once it is 8pm until I
make out time to see you and give you the tape of my discussion with the
person who want you dead then you can use it to take any legal action.
You can send the $900 to one of my local boy in Benin with this below
information via western union or money Gram.

Receivers name. Christian Oforka.
Country. Benin.
City. Cotonou.
Question. Who made
Answer God.
Amount to be sent first $900

Good luck as I await your reply to this e-mail contact:
balackwood@xxxxxxxxx Bye.

Black Wood.