[OM] Back to film!

Subject: [OM] Back to film!
From: AS <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 09:59:23 -0700 (PDT)
There is a revival of sorts going on around here. I come across more and more
people wanting to use film. I recently joined a new group called "The Film
Photographers of Buffalo". I met someone who runs a community darkroom and
somehow made the connection. In fact the "group" is doing a collective show
which opens tonight as part of the Buffalo Infringement Festival.

Now I have been using mainly digital and the film group harped on me to get
back to film. A friend of mine brought over a russian rangefinder which he
picked up on eboy and has been going crazy picking up film cameras. I have seen
some beautiful vintage film cameras recently and my own itch has returned.

Funny thing that I have heard recently is that many high school kids who take a
photo class prefer to shoot film. Its "old" to them and more interesting.

So its back to film!! BTW I received free Koduck film recently, 35mm and
120....will be put to good use.