[OM] Re: E-3 "hip-level" on/off switch

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 "hip-level" on/off switch
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 19:21:35 -0500
Michael, when carrying the camera over a shoulder like that, it may be
preferable to hang it so the camera points towards the body. Unless you are
using a pancake lens on an OM body, what happens is the camera will actually
point backwards a little bit and downwards.  It is a very easy thing then to
grab the camera with your right hand and have it automatically land in your
grip correctly without needing to use your left hand at all.  I fought
against this hanging methodology for years, but yielded to the "force" a
couple of years ago.

Another benefit of carrying the camera this way is that for some mysterious
reason, the camera strap is less likely to slip off your shoulder as you
walk. I believe it is because the weight of the lens pulls the camera in
it's direction.

Depending on how long the strap is and the grippiness of design, you can
actually bring the camera up to your eye, shoot, and "drop" the camera in
one smooth move without ever needing to touch the strap. This is great for
those of us crazies that sometimes carry two cameras at a time.

AG

ken@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.zone-10.com