[OM] Re: Shameless plug alert - My daughter's article and photography

Subject: [OM] Re: Shameless plug alert - My daughter's article and photography
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 10:13:43 -0500
 >Very well done.  Did she use a tripod for these?

No, but these were all as-is straight out of the camera.  Absolutely no
post-processing or cropping done on the pictures other than resizing and
watermarking for web display.

This is pretty typical of Allison's photography--I believe she has a very
natural, and comfortable style of image framing. The compositions aren't
forced and she has a good understanding of negative-space.  The first
picture is a good illustration of it. She'll occasionally take a picture
that I wish was mine.

As to her writing, this was just a humourous short-piece.  Would you believe
that she's actually writing a book?  It's over 60 pages already.  Eleven
years ago, tomorrow, she made her entry into this world. And I know that an
E-1 is on her gift wish-list.

We try to encourage the girls to be whatever they want to be, do their best,
but have fun doing it. Our other daughter is also quite skilled, but leans
more towards the performance arts like dancing and acting than photography.
But her writing skills are also right up there, but doesn't have as much fun
doing it.

AG