[OM] Re: Staithes

Subject: [OM] Re: Staithes
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 10:02:35 -0700
I guess that's an advantage (?) to living in a newer/less costly home in
these parts.  Previous house had aluminum framed single pane windows, I
upgraded to vinyl double pane low-E glass by myself (well, with the aid
of my two sons) in one weekend (nine windows total).  Happened to all be
stock 'big box store' sizes, off the shelf, and the rip and replace went
quite smoothly.  If I remember correctly, my total $$ outlay was around
$1200, too.  Estimates I'd had on it started at about $4500 and went
North from there.