[OM] Re: OT images for a slow list day.

Subject: [OM] Re: OT images for a slow list day.
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 20:59:41 +1000
Moose wrote:
>Yeah, I 'm still trying to figure out what to do with that one. I
 > think there's a good way to handle it, but I haven't found it.

I really like the smoothness in the petals; it's got a delicious blur
about it, while still holding enough detail that petals are easily
identified.

You have filled in the back with black, or just darkened to near-so?

When I saw it, I immediately thought of a large picture of a flower we
have on our wall. At its edges, some petals blur into other colours. If
you can just ignore the head in the way, you can see that picture in the
background here:

http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=116

As you can possibly see, down on the bottom left and bottom right, the
unfocussed petals blur into other-coloured backgrounds (blue and green
on the left, purple and pink on the right).

I'm not sure how you could, or even if you would want to, do this, but I
could see your photo using such colours as background and blurring
slightly at the edges into the petals(less sharp in the cutoff than the
black appears to be).

It's only a thought, and merely one to throw in the mix if only to
assist in the culling process.

> Very low sun through a window. The colours are from shooting late
 > light with daylight WB.

After seeing your photos earlier, we went for a walk with the dogs in
similar, very low, afternoon sun, only also coming off the water of the
estuary and through the trees. It might have had a slightly more yellow
tone to it, but with the light scattered across the palms and hibiscus
and casuarina and other bits of vegetation, I was taken in my mind to
your photos and amused and pleased by the serendipity.

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz