[OM] Re: Korean gear drive tripod head - Photoclam Multiflex

Subject: [OM] Re: Korean gear drive tripod head - Photoclam Multiflex
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 18:54:27 -0700
The 410 weighs 1.2 kg vs 950g for the Korean Multiflex
The 405 weighs  2.4 kg (5.3 lbs)
The 400 weighs 2.6kg (5.7 lbs).

I wouldn't carry a 5-6 lb head very far. Hopefully there will be
enough interest in the Multiflex head that the Korean company will
export it at a significantly lower price. My limited experience so far
is very favorable. I'm happy with the portrait operation of the head
but I normally use landscape. It is quick to level then rotate the
camera for panoramas.

If you don't need the double pan feature nor Arca Swiss quick release,
the 410 is probably the way to go for most people. Even if the costs
were comparable, the operation of the 410 might well be prefered for
an SLR. The multiflex seems well designed for careful control of a
heavy camera.

-jeff