[OM] OT - virus / malware attack

Subject: [OM] OT - virus / malware attack
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 17:51:07 -0300
Has anyone experienced a Vista Anti-Virus 2008 attack the removal of which
is detailed here:

http://www.windowsvistaplace.com/antivirus2008-antivirus-2008-removal-instructions/software

I am running fully up to date Norton 360, Ad-Aware Plus and Spybot none of
which have identified the problem. Someone has suggested that Kaspersky
[   www.Kaspersky.com ] could do the trick but so should Norton 360.

If there is any first hand experience on the list of dealing with the
problem I would very much like to hear about what should be done. The
computer is presently with a technician who has hinted that the best and
safest way to expunge the problem is to completely format the hard drive and
renstall XP and all the Toshiba drivers that came with the machine when new
a year and half ago.

The problem I have is with a laptop that is NOT used for any list traffic.

John Hudson
Nova Scotia, Canada