[OM] [OT] How I spent Memorial Day

Subject: [OM] [OT] How I spent Memorial Day
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 11:06:11 -0400
All [OT] gear and nothing as spectacular as William's Hilton Head
sunrise but this is how I spent my Memorial Day weekend... as we often
do with friends in Glens Falls, NY who throw a big family/friends
picnic.  It was a bit special this year with our friends' grandson
having just safely returned from Iraq.  There's a sequence of him
cutting down the yellow ribbon strung around the ol' maple tree and
maintained there until his return.  The main ribbon is also strung with
smaller yellow ribbons with written well wishes from friends.  He had a
huge smile on his face as he cut it down.  But, as a "Recon" marine
(special forces), I'm sure Afghanistan is likely not very far away for
this lad.  <http://www.chucknorcutt.com/memorial_day_2008/snapshots/>

Caution should you decide to look.  Clicking the link will load 120
largish thumbnails so a high speed link is strongly advised.  Nothing
much here except people and a few shots of flowers in the yard.  My wife
is in 5994 (row 14, col 2). (Don't tell her I told you)  :-)

Chuck Norcutt