[OM] Viewfinder image size, was: keeping the eyepiece magnifier from fa

Subject: [OM] Viewfinder image size, was: keeping the eyepiece magnifier from falling off
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 10:01:45 -0400
William's comments on a "too small" image reminded me that this past
Memorial Day weekend I was visiting with friends and one of their
daughters showed up with a Nykon D40.  I can't recall looking through a
small sensor DSLR's viewfinder since I bought a 5D a little over 2 years
ago.  Granted, it was a nice, sunny day but I was truly a bit startled
when I looked through the D40's viewfinder at the apparent size and
brightness of the image.  I don't know if this is a D40 trait or just
generally improved viewfinder technology.  Maybe the former since I see
the D40 is late 2006 technology.  Anyhow, the 5D and its gigundo f/2.8
lenses are a bit much to carry for snapshooting.  When it comes time to
replace the Mynolta A1 I'll be sure to take a look at compact DSLR's again.

Chuck Norcutt