[OM] Comparing OM to E-3 - a fairly serious test

Subject: [OM] Comparing OM to E-3 - a fairly serious test
From: Bob_Benson@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 01:47:06 -0500
Y’all might be interested in this odyssey.   As you may recall,  I’ve just
decided on the E-3 and 12-60.  (I’m the recalcitrant fellow with 20 OMs on
my shelves …)  So I decided to take both OMs and the E-3 on my 2-week
journey thru Utah canyons (and CO mountains).

My objective:  determine for myself the significant differences (if any)
between OM filmdom and the new age.  So what I’ve done is the following
(please – you folks that make your living doing serious photography, you
can cringe now and read no more ….).  I've taken "duplicate" shots with
the E-3 and OM (about 250 or so.)  I will compare the results in some
detail.

I plan to report to you the outcomes, in four parts.

Part I:  the method I used
Part II:  some initial impressions
Part III:  an interim report of my findings
Part IV:  a final report of my findings

I’ll submit to you, separately, the report on each part.   What I’d be
interested in now is what you would like me to focus on (so to speak.)

Bob Benson