[OM] Back, but OT

Subject: [OM] Back, but OT
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 06:09:39 -0400
Hey!

Well, I managed to get all my work done, all shops and galleries
stocked, everything ready for the season. That's the good news. The
bad news is that Number 2 Son, age 22, with autism, is currently at
Maine Medical Center in Portland with endocarditis, an infection of
the heart. Actually, the Infectious Disease docs have not been able
to determine the site of the infection, so he's being treated as
though it's a worse-case scenario. That means two very potent
antibiotics, each of which has a set of nasty potential side effects.
So far, so good. No more bacteria in his blood cultures. He's vastly
improved and starting to gain back some weight. (He'd been sick for
some time, and because there were _no_ markers for what he had, we
missed it until it became obvious.)

We hope today he'll be moved to a facility closer to home (right now
it's a 130 mile round trip). He's been in Maine Med for a week, and
his mom has not stirred from his side. I'm home for a few hours to do
and collect laundry and then it's back to Portland to see if we can
move him today. They said he'll need to be hospitalized for six full
weeks, counting time already served.

So, I would appreciate any and all prayers said for Benjamin
McClintock Whitmire, and for those of you who don't pray, or don't
pray enough (I know who I am <g>), some positive thoughts would not
be out of line.

Thanx, and I'll be back!

--Bob Whitmire