[OM] Happy 330

Subject: [OM] Happy 330
From: donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx (Don Holbrook)
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 01:49:21 +0000
Bought my E-330 last June and have shot a few hundred photos since then (most
deleted) of flowers, insects, some landscapes. Someone finally noticed a spot
near the upper right of a print I made. It was in an area of light colored
background (piece of foam). Thinking it was a bad spot on the foam, I didn't
worry about it. Months later, I had to shoot a similar series, and each one had
the same spot.  On an 8x10, it was about 3/16 inch in diameter, perfectly
circular, and out-of-focus fuzzy. Thinking it was a piece of dust not vibrating
off the sensor, I followed the air bulb, and pixel-mapping, procedures in the
manual -- no change. Took a shot of a blue sky at f22 -- spot still there.
Called Olympus America in New York, explained problem, got instructions for
return (1 month left on warranty). Mailed it back with 3 prints (spot marked),
got it back in less than a week. They replaced the CCD, cleaned and adjusted
everything, no charge.  The 330's happy, I'm happy. Sorry for t
 he len
gthy post -- just had to tell somebody.