[OM] Re: Rock n Roll Photography "Fine Art Prints"

Subject: [OM] Re: Rock n Roll Photography "Fine Art Prints"
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 09:44:09 -0500
NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Just like the Mustangs they had coveted in their youth, the baby  boomers can
> now afford "fine art prints" of their favorite singers of the  era. No, none
> of that for me, however I am about to get my first dedicated  wet darkroom.
> <[B^)  Bill Barber

I've almost been tempted from time to time to get one of those, then I
come to my senses.

My wife and I have a weakness for drawings by Al Hirschfeld -- that's
our onc concession to rock-related "fine art" -- we have two of the
Beatles drawings he did, as well as the album cover for Aerosmith's
"Draw the Line".

Not originals, mind you, but lithos.

The rest of my collection consists of LP covers in frames on the wall.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon