[OM] Re: Happiness [was: How about those Red Wings an alternate

Subject: [OM] Re: Happiness [was: How about those Red Wings an alternate
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 21:29:22 -0700
> From: om4t@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I am a tad curious about the Veggie Van.
>
> Given that automotive fuel ......gasolene and diesel
> generally ........ is subject to fuel taxes and duties of one kind
> or another levied by the provinces, territories and the federal
> government in Canada, is the vegetable oil found at Burger King,
> McDonalds and the like accounted for to the taxing authorities so
> that the Veggie Van owner pays his appropriate automotive taxes for
> the pleasure of motoring on the highways and byways of BC and
> elsewhere?

In BC (at least) home-made biofuel is exempt from road tax.

I don't know about other places, and I don't ask when I'm passing
through!

:::: ECONOMIST: a person who, upon encountering an auditorium
containing 48,000 destitute, unemployed people and Bill Gates, says,
“On average, I see a room full of millionaires!” ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::