[OM] Re: OT $4 a gallon gas

Subject: [OM] Re: OT $4 a gallon gas
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 23:09:16 -0700
> From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Nothing is free, especially not waste.

So true. We have plans to raise our own oilseed crops. We'll be
putting the green material back into the ground, and the seedcake will
eventually go into the ground, either through an animal first (soy,
sunflower, etc.) or as a natural insecticide (rapeseed oilcake).

> On 06/05/2008, at 12:55 PM, Jan Steinman wrote:
>
>> I admit it: I'm depleting the soil in some Iowa soybean field.
>>
>> Our biodiesel is made only with waste cooking oil. So we are
>> depleting
>> someone's soil, somewhere. But it would have been depleted in order
>> make the french fries anyway, so I don't feel to guilty about taking
>> waste oil.

:::: The economists all think that if you show up at the cashier's
cage with enough currency, God will put more oil in ground. -- Kenneth
Deffeyes ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.EcoReality.org> ::::