[OM] Re: Celebrating Cinco de Mayo

Subject: [OM] Re: Celebrating Cinco de Mayo
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 19:33:04 -0700
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> Very amusing, reading Spanish in this list.
> Wonder if it's as amusing as when you read my posts in English ... :^)
>
> For example, Mosse should have written:
> "Moosolito no trabaja los cinco de Mayo. Los seis, es posible, pero sólo
> en la mañana porque en las mañanas todo es posible."

Ah, well, my Spanish wasn't good to begin with and I'm out of practice.
However, your translation isn't quite what I meant to say

" Maybe the sixth. Anything is possible tomorrow." You got the overall
meaning, but not the two sentence construction, which is subtly
different to me in English. The first is a direct response to the
original post; the second a statement of philosophy.

Moose