[OM] Printing at A2 ?

Subject: [OM] Printing at A2 ?
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 14:15:10 +0200
Hmm, the internet is a very dangerous place, as said in a previous
email, after having success with A4 prints form my old photo 890 I
thought maybe I should try A3 printing, then narrowing down the A3
printers to R1900 R2400 or epson B9180 or waiting for r2400 replacement.
I read that the epson 3800 A2 printer isn't that much more expensive
when you factor in the inks - and at that size I don't have to worry
about choosing between printers as the 3800 is the only viable option.

I know you have told me that the E1 can produce good A3 results, but
would it cut the mustard at A2 size, if not would the E3 be okay at this
resolution, or should I just choose an A3 printer, my reasoning is that
if I buy A2 I can always print smaller, I would prefer to pay a bit more
now than end up paying again later, I did that with a computer once and
it cost me about twice as much and I ended up paying for the right spec
machine in the end.

any thoughts?

IanW