[OM] Re: FL-50R flash - experiences with www.buydig.com?

Subject: [OM] Re: FL-50R flash - experiences with www.buydig.com?
From: Olaf Greve <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 23:37:40 +0200
Hi,

 >Buydig is very good. Beach Camera and Buydig are the
 >same entity. I have always had good luck with Buydig.

Thanks!
I have asked my sister to order the FL-50R from them, and she has done
that, so it should be en-route to Seattle. They have very good prices:
$407,95 for the FL-50R, and they even have free shipping options
(though for this time I made use of their 2-3 business days FedEx
option, for an additional $17,95).

So, in the end I decided to give my support to Oly by buying the
FL-50R instead of the slightly cheaper, and arguably so, better Metz.
Perhaps this may seem like a weird decision to some, but so be it. :)
Either way, I think I can hardly go (very) wrong: the FL-50R seems to
be a *VERY* nice flash; certainly much fancier than what I'm used to
in flashes, so surely it'll be great to get it. :)))
Regarding the Metz: it sounds like an excellent flash too. I'm not
certain which one of the two will have the edge, but I did read
somewhere that apparently the menus of the Metz are not so clear or
handy to operate ?!?
Anyway.... the decision has been made, so let's not look back too
much, and rather look forward to be getting a great new flash, which
will prove excellent for getting nicely lit shots of our little
Giuliana (as well as other subjects, of course).

Cheers!
Olafo