[OM] Re: OT Eyeglasses

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Eyeglasses
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 15:42:25 -0400
Presbyopia started to rear its ugly head for me (grumble, grumble). I
don't really need computer or reading glasses but find the prgressives
nice to have for meetings/conferences to take notes and see fine
details on slides. They also work well for carrying a cam with EVF. I
just like using my eyecups (thanks Bill) on the OM's. I prefer the
distance only ones for driving or using a RF camera but can use the
progressives if need be. I don't "like" the progressives but find them
useful.  The larger intermediate zone on the newest ones are well
designed but they require careful refraction.  Thus would consider an
all of the above option, but it can cost plenty.

The first day I used them I gashed my leg on a box about knee high in a
liquor store in Newburyport getting some Olde Brown Dog for
Moose---most embarrassing. Fortunately he had a bandage to stem the
flow. I can now ambulate safely in them even after a Brown Dog or two.

Mike