[OM] Re: Nikon DX 18-200/3.5-5.6G on film

Subject: [OM] Re: Nikon DX 18-200/3.5-5.6G on film
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:56:31 -0400
As I understand the situation implemented on the only FX body available at
the current time is that when you mount a DX lens it auto crops to DX
framing on the sensor *and* an overlay in the viewfinder. So DX lenses can
be used on the D-3 with an obvious reduction in resolution. As others have
said the DX lenses will not and have not been designed for use with any 35mm
film camera. Most of the longer FL lenses are designs for film use anyway so
that is a moot point.

Dan S.