[OM] Re: First Try C41 process B&W film

Subject: [OM] Re: First Try C41 process B&W film
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 22:16:28 +1000
Michael,

With C-41 you get more apparent grain with underexposure, less with
overexposure.  Some people like to expose these films at ISO 200 rather than
the box speed of 400, this also increases the shadow detail without killing
the highlights.  Your image seems to lake contrast too, this may also be
related to underexposure, though it may be just the conditions the image was
shot under.  Take a look at GB's b&w work for some idea of what these films
are capable of (though GB does use Zuiko and Leitz glass).

...Wayne