[OM] Re: Question about EC-14 teleconverter

Subject: [OM] Re: Question about EC-14 teleconverter
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 15:29:15 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, iwert bernakiewicz wrote:

> I've had the 1.4 TC for a while now, and don't think about the
> mounting order while using it, and never had problems. What I do
> however is always switch camera on and off after mounting.

Cycling power on the E-1 is important when attaching the TC if you care
about the EXIF image info.  There's a bug in the E-1's firmware which
causes the TC info to be left out of the image if you don't cycle power
after attaching it.  It's very annoying but luckly the firmware in the
other E-system bodies gets it right.
                                                -mark