[OM] MF film scanners and home printers

Subject: [OM] MF film scanners and home printers
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 21:27:14 -0300
Many many thanks to everyone who responded to my enquiry about medium format
film scanners. I now have a feast of information to digest.

Now onwards to another enquiry.

Assuming that one was to invest in a Nikon Coolscan 9000 to scan MF film
[and 35mm film] what would be a matching high end printer to to do full
justice to the MF / 35mm scans? An 11" x 16" print would likely be my top
sized print but I would want to match the best I could get from a pro photo
lab at that size. I want to go a lot better than my my HP Deskjet 6940.

Do anyone have any advice?

jh