[OM] Re: No Record (yet) of Zuiko 24-40mm f4

Subject: [OM] Re: No Record (yet) of Zuiko 24-40mm f4
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 09:11:46 +0100
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> Very sad, actually. I would have hoped they would have concluded with:

> "May we have a high resolution photo of your lens for our archives?"

> Nope. They don't care about the past.

I think this is not completely fair nor true, just look at these two
pages from the same Olympus site to look for some nice historical reads
and photos.

http://www.olympus-global.com/en/corc/history/index.cfm

http://www.olympus-global.com/en/fun/wallpaper/camera/index.cfm

Have fun reading and looking at the photos. You might even like to
download some wallpapers like I did.

The part showing the different companies logos through time is however
incomplete to my eyes. I clearly remeber the times when everything
related to OM was printed gold on black, even the bexes everything came
in. Later (I believe for the double digit OM's) blue on silver and green
on silver was also used. The lettertype has been the same to my eyes
however since the 70's, so if that is what they are referring to they
are right.

Wiliam