[OM] Re: OM and aperture

Subject: [OM] Re: OM and aperture
From: "Jez Cunningham" <jez.cunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:19:07 +0100
For sure others will provide a more accurate explanation, but in my
understanding the little sticky out thing tells the body how many stops
difference there is between the fully-open aperture (eg f/1.8) at which
metering will take place, and the dialled-in setting (eg f/11) at which the
exposure will be made.

The body just has to compute the necessary exposure (speed) setting for that
amount of light taking the 'difference' into account.

Ignore all the above if you're considering how OTF TTL does it...

Hope you're feeling a bit more illuminated.

br
jez