[OM] Re: Not-so positive DZ news...

Subject: [OM] Re: Not-so positive DZ news...
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 20:09:57 -0700 (PDT)
I have to add that the Pentax K10d didnt feel "cheap"
at all. Nicely built camera. I expect the K20d/K200d
are built just as well.

The D80 felt more comfortable than the Pentax and
build is on-par with Pentax and Olympus.

As for Pentax zooms - I had heard from someone
recently that better Pentax zooms are hard to get.
They are being sold out of China/Japan/Hong Kong for
more than going retail price because they are hard to
get.

--- Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There's been a lot of opinions thrown around about
> the K10D, and now the
> K20D that are now seen obviously phrased to validate
> someones' purchase
> of another brand of camera, - but "feels cheap" is a
> new one on me. "Too
> heavy", some have said, or "who needs
> weathersealing" possibly, or "who
> needs a pentaprism - a pentamirror is just as good"
> maybe, or "who needs
> a large viewfinder" has popped up, or "IS in lenses
> are far more
> expensive, so its always better than in-body" has
> actually been declared
> by some as "fact", but......."feels cheap"? If he
> even touched one, it
> must have been a mock-up.
>
> Baseless opinions like that are what help keep the
> Olympus/Pentax brands
> in the shadow of the big 2.
>
> >> How is it that a dust and weather sealed body
> with stainless steel
> >> chassis (K20D) feels cheap?  He's probably never
> handled one.

> > List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> > List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com