[OM] Re: check out this posting: Olympus OM 24 - 40 zoom

Subject: [OM] Re: check out this posting: Olympus OM 24 - 40 zoom
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:11:50 -0700
james olson wrote:
> I've been around this list since the late -90's, and this is the first I've
> seen or heard of this Olympus OM lens:
>
> http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/626714
>
> Thought some of you might find it interesting.....

Not many years ago, I'd have thought it was a prototype. Now, my
thoughts turn to Photoshop. But if it is faked, it's a very
sophisticated one.

It looks VERY much like the 35-70/3.6, but is apparently focused to a
closer 0.6m and the distance between rings is closer than the 35-70 @
0.8m. That seems realistic for the shorter fl range..

Also, the zoom ring at maximum fl without any extension of the inner
tube is the same 'reverse movement' of the 35-70. And the rear cell is
slightly different looking than my 35-70.

Cool, if true. Too bad about the ding in the filter ring.

Moose