[OM] Re: Canadian Rockies w/E-3, 12-60 and 50-200 SWD

Subject: [OM] Re: Canadian Rockies w/E-3, 12-60 and 50-200 SWD
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:48:59 -0600
Timpe, Jim wrote:
> Gorgeous stuff Garth.
> You're happy with the new gear it would appear?

Well, other than the "Prevent User Error" lever on the E-3 (which
annoyingly keeps snapping into the "disabled" position), yes, I'm pretty
happy with the kit.  The E-3's focus system is much faster (and *much*
more "twitchy") than the E-1's, so you have to be a little bit more
careful with what you're supposedly aiming at.  5 FPS with the raven
shots worked a charm, but if I moved the AF centre point just a hair,
suddenly the E-3 had nothin' but open sky or kilometres-distant
mountains to focus on, which produced some hilarious results.

DOF was the other surprise.  Know how everyone complains that DOF on
Four-Thirds is just too great?  Yeah, I've heard those complaints as
well.  Wish they'd been true for some more of my shots...

Garth