[OM] Re: E-420/Oly's market position

Subject: [OM] Re: E-420/Oly's market position
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 10:16:10 -0800
> From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> I'll be in Lincoln City in two weeks time.  There's a Shutterbug at
> the
> outlet mall there.  I'll check it out.

Since they're a small chain -- and Lincoln City is a tourist town --
I'd call them and let them know when you'll be there, and tell them
what you're interested in seeing.

Lincoln City may not routinely stock the E-3, but I'm sure they'll
pull one in from another store if they know you're coming.

> From: Jan Steinman
>
>> From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> There are currently NO camera stores in the greater
>> Puget Sound region that I'm aware of that carry the Oly E-line.
>
> Is Shutterbug only in Oregon, then?
>
> Guess so: http://www.theshutterbugonline.com/locations.asp
>
> There's ten stores in Oregon. I am very satisfied with the one
> (Hillsboro, Portland was sold out) where I bought my E-3 with 12-60.
>
> It's only two hours' drive from Olympia. And no sales tax!
>
> :::: Wow, Brazil is big! -- George W. Bush, upon being shown a map of
> South America ::::
> :::: Jan Steinman, http://www.EcoReality.org ::::

:::: The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the poplace
alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series
of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. -- HL Mencken
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/99AQ25-27>