[OM] Re: E-3 on Moose Monday

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 on Moose Monday
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 06:50:20 +0100
That has been my experience as well since I got this lens a couple of
weeks ago. A 1.4 lens for low light is an important requirement for
me since I shoot a lot in such environments. I had a 1.4/30mm Sigma
before--not bad, but the Summilux beats it in every way. It also
beats the 1.4/30mm Canon L lens I have in my 1D2 outfit.

It is indeed made by Panasonic, but Japanese manufacturing is at
least as good as German ditto, and in this case it is a Leica design
and Leica quality controls. My comments when looking at my first test
shots was that this is a real Leica, regardless of not having been
manufactured in Solms.

I very much hope they make more lenses for the 4/3 system.

Cheers,
Nathan

On 27-feb-2008, at 13:54, iwert bernakiewicz wrote:

> from my own experience I have to say that the 25mm f1.4 is a
> fantastic piece
> of glass, sharp from wide open anda very nice colour & tonality. I
> don't
> bother who makes or names it. Oly should have made this and a 40mm'ish
> portrait lens a long time ago, and please weathersealed as well
> (however the
> 25mm feels like a brick and is very nicely made, much better than
> the 14-50)
>
> iwert
>
> 2008/2/27, Wayne Harridge

>>> Leica makes lenses for the E3 ??
>>>

>> Well perhaps it's Panasonic who make the lenses and just put the
>> Leica
>> name
>> on them.
>>

>> ...Wayne