[OM] OT--Large Format Gear FS

Subject: [OM] OT--Large Format Gear FS
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:34:32 -0500
I'm about ready to divest myself of the small assortment of large-
format gear I've collected over the past six or seven years. There's
a high reluctance factor, but considering the cost of the new digital
gear I've been amassing, I think the LF stuff's gotta go. So if
anyone here's ever had a hankering to get into LF, this might be a
good chance.

Here's what I've got, and I'll make it a package deal to any list
member.

Camera is a wood field camera, by Markimage, a Hong Kong company. I'm
virtually certain the Markimage was actually manufactured by Shen
Hao, a Chinese company that makes tolerably good wood field cameras.
The Markimage is serial number 8, which may or may not increase value
at some point in the future. It's got all the movements, and a real
advantage is you don't need a bag bellows down to 90mm.
Fairly simple and straightforward, no frills, in excellent condition.
(A visit to the Markimage site doesn't show the camera for sale
anymore, so they may have decided wood field cameras weren't in their
best interest. Still, it's a nice piece and I took some very
profitable shots with it.)

Caltar II-N 90mm f/6.8-f/45 wide angle. Shutter speeds to 1/500.
Pretty much pristine condition, and multi-coated. It's a hell of a
wide-angle lens, and the bee's knees for architectural stuff.
#10764314. The glass is German, mount is Japanese. I believe this
actually is a Rodenstock, but don't quote me on that.

Nikkor-W 210mm f/5.6-f/64, shutter speeds to 1/400. #751723. Again,
about as good condition as you're likely to find.

The 90mm is a Copal 0, and the 210 is a Copal 1. Both lenses operated
precisely the last time I used them, which I'm ashamed to admit, was
more than a year ago. Lens boards for both included.

That's the meat of the matter. I'm also throwing in a Toyo focusing
loupe, at least 10 film holders, all of which I've used many times so
they're light-tight, a deluxe dark cloth which is a life saver in
winter, and has a white side for summer. It also doubles as a
tolerably good background to use for head and shoulder portraits if
you need one.There's a linear polarizer that fits, I think, both
lenses that will be included, as well as rubber lens hood and
assorted odds and ends that I will put in the box if anyone is
interested. This includes cable releases, if they're still in the
bag. I also have a very nice light-tent from Photoflex, which I will
include if I figure out how to collapse it.

Also included a bunch of film, B&W, Velvia and Ektachrome, all of
which is expired, but all of which has lived in the 'fridge since
purchase,

Whole kit and caboodle for $1450, including shipping to a U.S.
address. That'll be $1400 if I don't figure out how to collapse the
light tent without damaging it. I don't mind shipping overseas, but
some extra shipping may have to be tacked on based on the destination.

Also, I'd really like to let this go as a lot rather than break it
up. I don't relish the idea of the eBay hassles. Personal checks from
list members more than welcome, as are money orders, and even PayPal,
though my PayPal account is commercial from back in the fountain pen
days, so they stick me pretty good with fees. Still, if that's how
you want to go, it's okay with me.

--Bob