[OM] Re: OM Zuiko lenses on E series digital bodies

Subject: [OM] Re: OM Zuiko lenses on E series digital bodies
From: "Dharma Singh" <dharmasingh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:00:43 +0100
2008/2/19, Piers Hemy <piers@xxxxxxxx>:

> But I think the fact that the base plates are not original DOES explain the
> apparent gap in the numbering sequence.  I suggest that the camera with
> serial 425981 in your list does not have its original base plate - it has
> the base plate from an older camera.  Olympus did not have the same approach
> as a famous German camera maker, who always preserves the original serial
> number even if the camera is rebuilt - the serial number is tied only to the
> base plate.  Switch the base plates around between two cameras and the link
> between the serial number and the manufacturing code is broken.
>
> --
> Piers

This also should mean that the 650931 doesn't have it's original base
plate, nor the original pressure plate, maybe not even the original
back and who knows what else, except for the top plate, which clearly
says OM1N, as well as it accepts the nr. 4 shoe and has the flash led
inside, so it's definitely not a OM1MD with a new top plate.
I really can't remember which ones I bought new and which are 2nd
hand, but if you're right those two certainly are 2nd hand.

OM1MD    1441364        Chrome body     H 8 3 4               March 1978
OM1nMD    650931        Chrome body     [25X7 or z5X7]  October 1975
OM1nMD  1617912        Black body

Dharma S.