[OM] Re: OT Epson Printer Utility

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Epson Printer Utility
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 08:20:46 +1100

> Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> i don't suppose that anyone else has a similar whinge: the Epson
> Printer Utility.  If I want to clean the nozzles I click on Nozzle
> Check.  It then instructs me to load lots of paper (unnecessary) and
> then allows me to click on Next.  If I want to clean the nozzles again
> in that session, the default button presses on the subsequent screens
> are totally illogical and they annoy me every time I clean the nozzles.

Must be that time of the month !

My Epson told me last night that the cyan cartridge was empty (and that the
magenta & black were low), so I went through the onscreen procedure and
replaced the cyan cartridge, the printer then does it's "ink charging" after
which it tells me that the magenta cartridge is empty.  I went through the
process of changing the magenta cartridge, the printer does the ink charging
again, then informs me that the black cartridge is empty, etc.  Eventually I
have replaced all but the yellow cartidge, the printer software then tells me
that the black cartridge is "not compatible" with the printer !  I removed the
cartridge and reseated it, then it tells me the cyan cartridge is not
compatible, so I removed and reseated that, but it still complained.  I removed
the cyan cartridge again and decided to clean the electrical contacts with
metho, replaced the cartidge, the printer did the "ink charging" and all seemed
well.  I then reprinted the single sheet meeting agenda which had some bl!
 ank bands through it.  I re-entered the printer utility and followed the
"nozzle cleaning" procedure, printed a test page which still showed banding.  I
repeated the nozzle cleaning, printed another test page and all seemed well.
So 45 minutes after I started and 6 wasted sheets of paper later I eventually
got my single page meeting agenda printed successfully.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com