[OM] Re: Protecting cameras from tainted air?

Subject: [OM] Re: Protecting cameras from tainted air?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 20:03:19 +1100
Small humidity cabinet? They're available here from cooler chest size
up to display cabinet from a coupla hundred upwards. Some of the
Pelican/Storm cases do the same job and can be used for transport too.
The air always carries a load of spores - some of them dangerous. In
a heated, damp house in winter, it can be a threat to health. Just
did the study guide for a 'Toxic House' TV series.  Worry less about
the gear than yourselves, I suggest. If you have a serious mould/mold
problem, some species like Penicillium spp. are rather nasty.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx