[OM] Re: photonapping

Subject: [OM] Re: photonapping
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:59:56 +1100
The interesting thing is that not once in the entire four pages of
the article do they grapple with the problem of international law -
there is as usual the assumption that what is legal or not in the US
is the same elsewhere (such as Australia, re: the Virgin advert) and
it simply is not the case.
Given that it's the WWW and y'know like people in other countries use
Flickr too the pond is a bloody lot muddier than that.
Ebay/Paypal actually enforces California and US law on the net in
it's dealings, which has been an annoyance for me more than once.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx