[OM] Re: This Day The Music Died

Subject: [OM] Re: This Day The Music Died
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 10:10:49 +1100
Hmmmm - been watching the ladies game again?
My son's comment on one Australian participant in the English Premier
League - "Absolute thug. I stood on the terraces and heard him
threaten his own teammates with death."

Of course, one should keep the violence in the crowd where it belongs
as we were so ably reminded by St. Eric Cantona when he expertly
dropkicked an opposing fan with a smart mouth.  And in another
arena,  I believe that Ty Cobb entered the crowd to dispose of a
similar individual, many years ago.
I love that definition of the two kinds of Rugby -
'League is a game of hooligans behaving like gentlemen and Union of
gentlemen behaving like hooligans.' Perfect.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx