[OM] Re: [OT] PC Question

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] PC Question
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 17:17:46 -0800 (PST)
I always use some type of heat spreader on RAM - I
prefer the Thermaltake chip cooling w/ heat spreader.
I could not find that in stock where I typically
purchase from - so I opted for the OCZ XTC cooler.
Although I dont game or overclock and typically DDR2
memory can run just fine at stock speeds. However, I
leave the PC up 24/7 - shutting down only if I am away
or during bad weather.

High performance memory usually comes with heatsinks
installed. Older generation SIMM's didnt really
require anything but decent cooling...a fan pointed in
the right direction keeping the air flow moving.

--- Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Headers = sockets.  Why do you want to add a memory
> cooler?  Do you have
> evidence that the memory runs hot?  It's been quite
> a while since I had
> my hand rummaging around inside a running PC but I
> can't ever recall
> touching a SIMM that was more than just slightly
> warm.
>
> Chuck Norcutt

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.