[OM] Re: IS question

Subject: [OM] Re: IS question
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:34:19 -0500
At 01:34 PM 1/30/2008, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Minor point of interest.? A friend is looking at a new macro lens
>for his D200.? The new VR has two modes and the normal mode now?has
>tripod detection (as well as panning).

I believe that's been true of most, if not all, of the Canon IS
lenses released in the last few years - at least the "L"
versions.  Well, they may have none (or more) switch positions but
they do allow tripod use with the IS turned on.  They do suggest
turning IS off to conserve battery power and to not use IS when
making "bulb" exposures as that may result in a degradation of the
image quality.  I personally leave it on all the time (except for
bulb shots) so that I have one less thing to worry about.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA