[OM] Re: F280 question

Subject: [OM] Re: F280 question
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 00:34:46 -0800 (PST)
Jan,
     No the frequency is nominally fixed at ~20kHz, although in reality it is
made to vary as the
capacitor discharges to give more pulses near the end to compensate for the
fact each succesive
pulse is at a lower voltage, and this keeps illumination even over shutter
travel. The
compensation is an anlog circuit, that is adjusted at factory and gives a
unique profile of pulses
dependent on the particular tube characteristic.

Tim Hughes