[OM] Re: Celestron 750 f6 for eagles

Subject: [OM] Re: Celestron 750 f6 for eagles
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 09:10:50 -0500
Thanks for reminding me.

? The?B. Eagles however??do make for a very worthy target for the new Celestron
750 pearched in trees overlooking the Merrimack.

Mike

Here's an excerpt of Ben's letter to his daughter:

"For my own part I wish the Bald Eagle had not been chosen the Representative
of our Country. He is a Bird of bad moral Character. He does not get his Living
honestly. You may have seen him perched on some dead Tree near the River,
where, too lazy to fish for himself, he watches the Labour of the Fishing Hawk;
and when that diligent Bird has at length taken a Fish, and is bearing it to
his Nest for the Support of his Mate and young Ones, the Bald Eagle pursues him
and takes it from him.

"With all this Injustice, he is never in good Case but like those among Men who
live by Sharping & Robbing he is generally poor and often very lousy. Besides
he is a rank Coward: The little King Bird not bigger than a Sparrow attacks him
boldly and drives him out of the District. He is therefore by no means a proper
Emblem for the brave and honest Cincinnati of America who have driven all the
King birds from our Country . . .

"I am on this account not displeased that the Figure is not known as a Bald
Eagle, but looks more like a Turkey. For the Truth the Turkey is in Comparison
a much more respectable Bird, and withal a true original Native of America . .
. He is besides, though a little vain & silly, a Bird of Courage, and would not
hesitate to attack a Grenadier of the British Guards who should presume to
invade his Farm Yard with a red Coat on."

usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> They are rather lazy for a national symbol prefering to steal a dinner or eat
> carrion.

That was Ben's position.

Moose

http://webmail.aol.com